Finesse Equals Success
No one likes a bull in their china shop. But, everyone likes a person that makes them feel at peace, at ease with themselves. This is true even when you know that person is working to get what they want. People are more receptive to work with you, if you develop your own style of finesse when dealing with people and situations. Finesse will take you to a higher level of success. What is the art of finesse all about?
1. It’s about thinking before acting. Don’t act impulsively. Weigh out your thoughts before you turn them into actions.
2. Being subtle yet focused. You don’t need to be pushy to get your point across.
3. Being artful in the way you handle people and situations. Craft the way you approach people and situations. Think about unique ways to approach people and situations. Keep in mind one approach doesn’t work for everyone or for every situation.
4. Being self assured, but with a sense of purpose. Be confident in how you approach things. But always make sure that confidence is moving you in a positive well thought out direction.
5. Being patient. Know that some things take longer than others to be successfully completed. Don’t force things to occur when the time isn’t right.
6. Being strategic in how you handle situations. Lay out the steps to handle a situation in your mind ahead of time.
7. Being methodical. It’s OK to move slowly. Be measured in your thought process and in how you talk about your ideas. Speaking about or moving your agenda too quickly can cause people to react negatively.
8. Creating a buffer in dealing with people. Don’t let people get to you mentally. Responses from others shouldn’t be taken personally. Most often, their responses are for their benefit not yours. Always keep that in mind.
9. Getting what you want out of a situation, but not at the expense of the other person. Always be mindful of the big picture. It isn’t about a successful outcome to one situation, it’s about a successful outcome that builds a long term relationship.
10. Being prepared in your mind for situations before they occur. Think about a plan of action in advance. Don’t assume things will always occur in a specific manner.
Create your own unique art form, a more defined personality. You can’t be perfect, but you can improve by crafting the life you live with finesse. Be a person with added substance, add finesse to improve your success.