Let Laughter Rule Your Day
As the Joker said, “Why so serious?” When he says that phrase we wonder what sinister thoughts and deeds come along with the laughter. His tone is ominous and foreboding; he’s taunting us to our core. Seriously though, why do we have to be so concerned about adding laughter into our life? Sure we have to be serious enough to work to pay the bills, provide for our families and strive to accomplish our goals. But, a little laughter, for that matter, a lot of laughter in your life makes life more enjoyable. Most of us tend to be serious from the moment we wake up until we go to bed. Why not try for one full day, to infuse a little laughter in it.
1. Begin your day with a laugh. Think about something funny. Then just try to start laughing. See if you feel more relaxed and in a better mood, after your laugh. If you can’t laugh at least smile at yourself in the mirror.
2. Laugh with someone during the day. Find someone you can share a funny story or joke with. See if you can share a moment of laughter together. Does it make you feel closer to that person? Do you feel more comfortable interacting with that person now?
3. Laugh with yourself. You don’t need to laugh “at” yourself. Laugh with yourself about something during the day that seems funny to you. Does that make you feel more comfortable with yourself; more confident acknowledging something funny that you hadn’t previous thought about?
4. Find something humorous in what you do. Look at yourself and find something humorous in your daily tasks or life. Laugh or at least break a little smile about what it is you do that makes you laugh. Does this give some new meaning to your life or make you question what changes might help improve your life?
5. End your day with a laugh. Round out the end of your day with a little laughter. Think back and see if there isn’t some humor that you’ve found along the way that comes to mind. Then, stand in front of the mirror and laugh.
See you went through an entire day creating laughter as you went. Didn’t that make your day more enjoyable? Now try it on a daily basis. You’ll find that you’ll look forward to each new day a little differently; and find it a challenge to make someone else laugh during the day too. Just make sure to infuse the proper amount of seriousness as needed.