Take Time To Challenge Your Life
Many times we allow ourselves to settle into the simplicity of our day to day lives or we simply grow bored with the mundane existence we lead. Sometimes where we are in life is where we want to be. But wherever we are in our lives, we shouldn’t be simply going through the motions of living or working or whatever else it is we do on a day to day basis. If we don’t find our life challenging, then it’s time to challenge our life. We shouldn’t just sit back and accept our current situation. There are steps we can take to challenge our life.
1. Don’t be afraid to try something new. For example, if you have a desire to do ballroom dancing, start with some lessons. Never let the fact that you aren’t good at something or don’t know how to do something stop you from pursuing it.
2. Stop going through the motions. If you don’t like what you are doing figure out a timeframe to make a change. Doing something that you don’t like doing, even if you are good at it won’t make you happy. In fact if will keep you from what will make you happy.
3. Never say I’m too busy to make a change. If you’re busy and unhappy with your current situation you still need to find some time to make change in your life. You should change your priorities so you can start moving in a direction that puts you into a happier lifestyle.
4. You need to find a niche in your life that you are passionate about. Write down what it is that you most want to do. Then figure out how you can incorporate it into your day to day routine. If you like music, you may not become a full time musician over night but you can join a choir, join a band, or just make a point of going to a concert once a week or once a month.
5. Don’t just say “I’m unhappy where I am right now” without being willing to take steps to change. Only you control whether change in your life will occur. If you say you’re unhappy where you are right now, you’ve already taken the first step. Don’t stop there; take the next steps to actually change.
6. Add substance to your life. So many people fall for get rich quick schemes because those schemes offer us something that is missing in our own lives. The schemes give us something to dream about and something to feel passionate about, seemingly, without any effort on our part. Don’t let someone else profit at your expense, from your own need to dream and feel passionate about something. Invest some time in yourself, infuse your own passion and dreams in your life, and don’t let others try to do it for you.
We shouldn’t just go through the motions of life. We should strive to live our lives with substance. Find what motivates you. Many of us settle for something less because we are unwilling to rise up and challenge ourselves by taking on something new in our lives. Are you willing to challenge your life?