What’s It Like Being Lucky?
I never thought of myself as being lucky. Some people say that they’re inherently lucky; others just shake their head and say “I have no luck whatsoever. Those “unlucky” people look around themselves and think everyone else is getting all the luck, shouldn’t they get lucky sometime. Luck isn’t really about whether or not it follows one person or another. No luck is all about perception and attitude.
1. If you think you’ll be lucky you are. Positive thinking changes your mindset and allows you to notice those moments when things work out. Those minor accomplishments may not be that big win, but allow yourself to recognize and enjoy the moment when you have a small triumph in your life.
2. Focus on the positive things that happen to you, not the negative. Luck isn’t about things happening it’s about you recalling how things happen. You won’t be lucky if you only focus on the bad things that happen to you. If you only focus on the good things that happen to you, you’ll be lucky all the time.
3. Don’t dwell on others. Focusing on others, changes how you make decisions in your life. Instead, focus on yourself. Others aren’t living your life, don’t let what happens to them determine how you will make decisions in your own life. If you focus on what is happening to you on a daily basis, you will hit on those opportunities that may have in the past passed you by unnoticed.
4. Don’t become superstitious. Luck has historically been tied to superstition. However, most things happen for a reason. Trust in your own ability to make decisions. Don’t limit the paths you take because of superstitious beliefs.
5. Market yourself. You are the one that best knows what you have to offer, what are the strengths you bring to the table. If you let people know you have a lucky attitude that might wear off on them, you increase the potential that more luck will come your way.
6. Don’t take outrageous chances on things. Be reasonable in your choices. Take those chances that have a reasonable chance of success.
7. Being lucky is about being skillful in your choices. Think about the actions you take. Don’t jump into something without taking a moment to think about how it may or may not play out.
Being lucky isn’t about chance, it’s about being skilled enough to focus on the positives in your life and live each day with confidence. You build luck when you choose to interact with your world in a positive thoughtful manner. See you have seven things to focus on now, isn’t that lucky.